Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday night's never been this boring!

What a quiet evening! I'm just sittin' here, surfing around on the internet while my Gingerbread Man is at work... All I can think about how of boredom is food, and I'm feeling this urge to go out first thing tomorrow and get myself some makeup! Sometimes I just have to, you know? Makeup is pretty much the only treat I'm allowing myself these days, as I'm trying to save up... so it's not like I'm spending all my money on foolish things. I just need my girly shopping every once in a while, alright!

& Since I'm here, I could do a little review on the nail polish I've just painted my toenails with! At the beginning of the summer, I went on a quest to find THE perfect purple nail polish... I didn't know exactly what I wanted, all I knew was that this year, summer rhymed with purple nails - obviously, not litterally. So I tried a few, including this one :



The color is "Play Fair", by Nicole (by O.P.I., their "drugstore" line). Okay, so it's not purple, but I could give it a try, right? This polish is a light iridescent lilac. Not my Holy Grail, but still very cute. The only thing I don't like about it is that it goes on very sheer, so it's a bit hard to get an even application. It takes at least three coats to get what I want... Which is why I'm using it on my toe nails. Nobody's going to stare at your toes and try to see if your polish is even... It does dry pretty quickly though. But the color itself is very classy and girly (if that's possible).



Resting between second and third coat. ;)


But I did at some point find my ideal nail polish for the summer :



Wet n Wild Megalast, in "Through The Grapevine", a bright grape-ish purple color! ♥


So... What was YOUR favorite shade of nail polish this summer???


2 comments:

  1. both shades are such nice colours!
    i love anything blue or turquoise. I recently got three new polishes :-)
    x

    http://nanakkii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same. American Apparel makes another shade called Mouse i believe which is more of a taupe grey, and id say that the grey i have (factory grey) has the tiniest hint of a pink/purple undertone but no where near as taupe based as Mouse.
    Thanks for following hon!!
    x

    ReplyDelete