Friday, September 17, 2010

New products! Pictures & reviews! ;)

Well, hello!!

I am so excited, because October is coming soon... and October means Halloween!! Oh yes, I'm already thinking about it! I become a total child when it comes to costumes and anything Halloween related. And this year, we are hosting the Halloween party... So I've already started planning it! It is so hard to pick a costume... I do have quite a few ideas... I'd love to be a character that would test out my makeup skills... On the other hand, I need an outfit that wouldn't require too much work, as I'm not too much as a talented sewer. I might just buy a costume and modify it to my liking, which means I need to start haunting for it now. What are you girls going to be for Halloween???


On a different note, here are the products I mentionned in my last post!!

Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick - Pink in the Afternoon

My favorite lipstick of the moment! A gorgeous light pink, with the tiny hint of coral. It looks very natural, and has a super creamy finish. However, I recommend using a lot of lip balm before applying it if you have dry lips like I do! Otherwise it just sinks into the lines and makes my lips look horrible... But it has become my (almost) every day lipstick!





Annabelle Mono Eyeshadow -  Revolver (limited edition)

When I saw this color at the store, I just had to have it. I was in awe. Revolver is a shimmery, purple-ish grey eyeshadow. It did look darker under neon lights though, but with a base and enough layers, it just makes the prettiest smoky eye. I simply drool every time I apply it... it's just to die for!! I also use this to set my eyeliner, it's a lot more original than the usual black. I just fell in love with this eyeshadow... the pigmentation is good, but I do use a base underneath to make it last all day.  And it looks amazing on my brown eyes. The picture doesn't do it any justice... the lighting at my place is very bad. Which is also why I can't take decent pictures of swatches this late at night.



Along with this shade, I got three other limited edition products by Annabelle, from their fall collection :




Clockwise, starting from the upper left corner :
Rainforest (shimmery green), Revolver, Tutu (matte bright pink), Acid Reflex (shimmery yellow-ish green)
I haven't tried the green ones yet... but the pink one is just wow! Very pigmented and makes my eyes pop!

Other recent purchases :

N.Y.C. Ultra Moist Lip Wear - Wild Orchid




A cool toned lipstick that really impressed me! It has a mauve/pink color with a sexy golden shimmer!

NYX eyeshadow - Nude




"Nude" is the perfect name for it... it doesn't really show up on my skin, it is much lighter that I thought it would be... It is very soft though, and makes a nice highlight.


I do believe that's enough for tonight! I might start posting monthly faves...

Have a nice evening! ~

3 comments:

  1. all products look lovely!!! I'm in love with the revlon lipsticks, but have yet to try Pink in the Afternoon -- its so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im debating between being a robot girl, or a candy girl. last year i was a psycho doll. I think robot girl will be on my blog soon though :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robot girl could be so interesting! So many ways to do it!! I'm going to be Alice in Wonderland (our theme is "cartoon characters")... It'll be very simple after all but it's okay! The only downside of it is that it's not too original because of the movie that came out not too long ago... but I have been obsessed with Alice and Lewis Carroll for years, so I'm happy that I get to be her for a night. ;)

    ReplyDelete